Re: No xterm window by default?

Sammy wrote:

I ran aptitude install x-window-system and successfully installed X-Windows.
When I run startx I get a gray background with an X in the middle (mouse pointer). My mouse is not working, but I don't get any errors (EE) lines in /var/log/XFree86.0.log file.
From the HOWTOs, I thought that an xterm window should start by default even
though I DON'T have any window managers (such as GNOME or KDE) installed. Isn't that correct?
No clients will be started by default in your configuration.

If you'll add the line

   xterm

to your ~/.xinitrc file (you'll probably have to create this file, with just the single line in it), you'll probably be where you expect to be.

--
Kent