CUPS, Sarge/Debian/GNU/Linux and Mac OS X

I have been attempting to get CUPS working in a mixed Sarge/MacOSX environment.
Actually, I have it working but my current solution is not to my liking.
My question is:

Is there anyone out there who has Mac running OSX sharing a printer attached
to a box running  Sarge, and NOT running netatalk/ATALKD-PAPD ?

If you have such, will you please share with me the exact configuration of
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf ?

Was there something other than cupsd.conf that you had to change to get it
working? What?

I have been able to set up a situation in which the Macs can discover the
existence of the printer attached to the Sarge box, but I have not been
able to get jobs submitted from the Macs to actually print without enabling
printing in netatalk.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net