Re: CUPS, Sarge/Debian/GNU/Linux and Mac OS X

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 01:17:51PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 12:14:20PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > Is there anyone out there who has Mac running OSX sharing a printer attached
> > to a box running  Sarge, and NOT running netatalk/ATALKD-PAPD ?
>
> Well, Sid, but the idea is the same.
>
> > If you have such, will you please share with me the exact configuration of
> > /etc/cups/cupsd.conf ?
>
> <shrug> Not like it's a big deal...
>
> BrowseAddress @LOCAL
>
> <Location /printers>
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny From All
> Allow From 127.0.0.1
> Allow From 192.168.0.0/24
> </Location>
>
> You do have to be using at least 10.2 in order for this to work, of course.

I'm using OSX 10.4.5 and your lines in cupsd.conf, and I get an error message
and no print output. The only difference that I can identify is Sarge vs. Sid.
I also doubt that this is critically important. Can you speculate/think of
something else?

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net