Macro recorder like utility for Linux

Does anyone know of a utility that will record mouse clicks and create a script in Linux, similar to the one that can be used in Microsoft Excel?  I'm trying to automate interactive logon attempts to both my Debian system, and MySQL also located on my Debian system.  I was thinking of a network logon, but am unsure.  I want to be able to just run the script once, and then have it log on to various programs running on my machine.  I understand that the initial logon to my box might have to remain as user interactive, but beyond that point, I need it to be able to login automatically to various programs, specifically MySQL, and various web sites that require a username and password.
Thanks for your help.
Mike