Re: Configuring pcmcia cards at boot-up

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 08:10:54AM +0000, Udo Klein wrote:
> Antonio,
>
> adding "auto eth0" to /etc/network/interfaces doesn't work for PCMCIA
> cards. I've already tried. In fact, it actually says so in
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-gateway.en.html#s-trigger-auto
> It says there: "Never list PCMCIA interfaces in auto stanzas. The PCMCIA
> cardmgr is started later in the boot sequence than when
> /etc/rcS.d/S40networking runs."
>
> But surely, there must be a way of configuring two PCMCIA cards during
> boot up...

I'm not using my laptop at the moment, so I don't have the exact script
handy, but I have to do something similar to get my wireless card to behave.

I made an init script containing (IIRC) ``cardctl eject && cardctl insert''
or something similar and gave it a fairly late priority (S90 or so) so that
it gets called after the networking and pcmcia initscripts have run.

HTH

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | Whenever you read a good book, it's like the
Denver, Colorado USA  | author is right there, in the room talking to