Re: Configuring pcmcia cards at boot-up

Dave,

thanks for your suggestion, I've tried it but it wouldn't work either.

I then did some more howto reading, and then tried reconfiguring the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts file, and voila, both pcmcia ethernet cards are configured correctly at boot up.

For those who might find this useful, the relevant parts of the file /etc/pcmcia/network.opts looks like this:

case "$ADDRESS" in
*,0,*,*)
	DHCP="y"
	;;
*,1,*,*)
	DHCP="n"
	IPADDR="192.168.0.1"
	;;
esac

This basically says: configure card in socket 0 by DHCP, and the card in socket 1 by assigning it the indicated IP, network, gateway, etc. addresses.

Udo