Re: OpenGL direct rendering

cga <cga2000@gmail.com> said on Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:59:39 -0500:
> Brent Bailey wrote:
> >ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D Rage Pro AGP 1X/2X
> >
> >I seem to have two xservers on my system (apt-cache showpkg xserver-XFree86):
> >
> >6.8.2.dfsg.1-11
> >4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1
> >
> dunno about the current xorg but afaik the drivers for old ati cards in
> xfree86 do not support dri.

Sure it could:
ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility M3 AGP 2x (rev 02)
DRI was supported by the r128 driver in all the XFree 4.3 series I used.

Hell, it worked better than xorg6.9 -- I could have both XVideo and DRI
enabled at the same time, and I didn't get XV allocation errors, and X
supported me providing my own modelines, instead of being limited to
what the internal LCD could display.  Sigh.  Progress, eh?