cannot move file /var/log/XFree86.1.log.old

Hi!!
My name is eni
I have a problem with my OS (I use Knoppix ).
It happend when I had just installed
LIDS (Linux Intrusion Detection System) in Knoppix.
The problem is that the sintax :
      $ startx -- :1
cannot be used / cannot work when I want to enter GUI
and there is message such as :
      cannot move file /var/log/XFree86.1.log.old
Then, I try to use sintax :
      $ startx
but, it doesn't work too.
Is there one of you (or all of you) knows about the solution
of this problem ?
If you knows, would you send the solution to me by e-mail in :
      enilee_8@yahoo.com
I would so thanked full to you !! :)