Re: iAudio and Debian

|> What is it about the iAudio that makes it not work, when the sandisks
|> and the camera work perfectly? Is there some funky kernel config
|> option that I don't know about but which is necessary? Is there anyone
|> who has one of these working?

Replying to my own post, in case it might help others who experience the same problem.

I got nowhere with this until I asked on linux-usb-users. There Matt Dharm and Alan Stern
quickly established that the problem was that the player was supplying some crucially wrong
information to the kernel. Alan supplied a short patch against unusual_devs.h in the 2.6.15
kernel source, and that solved the problem.

More detailed information (and the patch), can be found at the linux-usb-user mailing list
archive (on sourceforge.net among other places) under the thread-name `iAudio issue'.

Jim