Re: debian-user and mutt...

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 03:25:44PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:37:31 +0000
>Digby Tarvin <digbyt@acm.org> wrote:
[..]
>> To avoid making that mistake I have been manually editing
>> the header of each response, but that is a bit tedious, so I
>> assume there is a better way which I have just never needed
>> to find before..
>>
>> I am using mutt - a bit over two years old (1.4.1i - I'm not
>> reading my mail on the Debian machine) but it has done what I
>> need up until now...
>
>AFAIK in mutt you have to hit L to reply-to-list (I don't use mutt) The
>rest are for mutt experts...

Yes, 'L' is the default key bound to reply-to-list. You may need to
modify the variable 'lists' as well. It's all well documented in the
muttrc manpage.

Mutt-ng (and possibly newer versions of mutt) can often work out if a
mail is from a list or not (using the mail headers I guess). Then you
don't need to worry about setting 'lists' except if you are on lists
that don't use appropriate headers. (Mutt-ng is available from Debian's
experimental repo.)

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

$my_args = shift;
system("gcc $my_args");
print "I prefer C\n";
     -- Robert Dieterich's contribution to the 2004 Perl Haiku Contest,
        Haikus in Perl - 'Dishonerable Mention' winner