Re: debian-user and mutt...

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:37:31 +0000
Digby Tarvin <digbyt@acm.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 01:11:29AM -0200, Eduardo wrote:
> > Please do not CC me! Get a proper mailer instead: www.mutt.org
>
> Ok, since someone has brought this up....
>
> Why is it that on the other lists I subscribe to a 'reply' to
> a posting by default goes to the list, but on this list it
> goes only to the original poster, and a 'replay-all' goes to
> the list with CC to the poster, which is presumably what
> the signature abore refers to...

This has been discussed, I think once per month (at least) :)
It has to do with Reply-To munging and is a BIG flame-bait on this list. So please don't start

> To avoid making that mistake I have been manually editing
> the header of each response, but that is a bit tedious, so I
> assume there is a better way which I have just never needed
> to find before..
>
> I am using mutt - a bit over two years old (1.4.1i - I'm not
> reading my mail on the Debian machine) but it has done what I
> need up until now...

AFAIK in mutt you have to hit L to reply-to-list (I don't use mutt)
The rest are for mutt experts...

Andrei
P.S. Reply-ing to your mail (in Sylpheed) put your address in CC. It usually does not ...
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)