Re: Howto package squirrelmail plugins the Debian way (Was Re: Sieve client)

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 11:26:39PM +0100, Peter Teunissen wrote:
> .. I feel this would be the best option. Security updates are
> important since all of this will be exposed to the net. Size doesn't
> matter, even if you'd install all known plugins it would use only a
> small amount of diskspace. Most of all, as Josep mentioned, this way
> the plugins would be upgradable too when moving to a new debian
> release. If the user would like to free up diskspace, deleting some
> plugins is a trivial task, but would apt be able to notice the
> deletions and act appropiately when upgrading?

Depends on what you think is appropriate: apt (or rather, dpkg) will
simply restore the deleted files on upgrade (it cannot know which ones
were deleted intentionally).

As plugins are only exposed when enabled by the admin in some way via a
config option in /etc/squirrelmail, I too feel this would be the best
solution if we were to package the plugins ourselves.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl