Howto package squirrelmail plugins the Debian way (Was Re: Sieve client)

I got it working. It wasn't hard to install. Big thanks go to Peter Teunissen.

To install any plugin you have to download the tarball and detar the package into
your squirrelmail plugins directory. Eventually for each particular plugin some
configuration file might be edited.

I guess new updates of squirrelmail will break the plugins installed manually.
My question now is how I could package the plugins the Debian way? Can we generalize
a method for evey plugin or perhaps setup a package with all plugins?

PD. I included the mantained of squirrelmail package in CC since he can bring some
enlightment.

Regards,
Josep Serrano