Re: Xorg eats my CPU

Bill Wohler wrote (18-01-2006 22:04):
Michael Ott <michael@zolnott.de> writes:

Hello Kevin!

I am running (up to date) Debian unstable on my laptop, it has a
Radeon IGP 340M graphics chip. For the last month or so I am seeing
the Xorg process gradually gobble up more and more CPU, up to 30/40%
and in some cases 99%.

That depends what side you visit. If there is a java applet or a flash
animation inside you need more CPU.

Yes, I think you'll find that Flash is the culprit.

Since Flash is used for gratuitous, annoying animation most of the
time, you can remove the flashplugin-nonfree package.

Or install the flashblock extension to firefox. It replaces flash elements with a button, and the flash content only plays if you click the button.

--
René Seindal (rene@seindal.dk)