Re: How to play these files on Debian (Sarge)

On 12/30/05, Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Where do you get your w32codecs and Real codecs ?? - helix complains it
> can't find the appropriate plugin and xine complains that it can't find
> cook.6.so or some such.

You can get w32codecs from
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat sid main

(replacing "sid" as appropriate)  Then point xine to /usr/lib/win32
under "decoder" in the settings.  The same tab has the configuration
for Real codecs.  Mine come from an install directly to my home
directory.  I'm sure there's a package with the Real codecs.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh