Re: fstab problem

Rodney Richison wrote:
Bill Marcum wrote:

On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 05:08:09PM -0600, Rodney Richison wrote:

Rodney Richison wrote:

Can any tell me why this works manually

mount -t ext2 /dev/hdc1 /mnt/idedrive

But this in fstab does not work

<< snipping>>

I guess it doesn't exist at boot up..  ????

I don't think this came up in the thread, but does it show up in dmesg at all? It should theoritcally show up a the same time as all the other disks.
It now works reliably with mount -a so I finally put a startup script
with nothing but mount -a in it.

Course, the problem with that is I can't let the system do a fsck on it
at boot up because the machine does't seem to see the drive util
later..   ??

so put a fsck in your script?