Re: fstab problem

Rodney Richison wrote:

Can any tell me why this works manually

mount -t ext2 /dev/hdc1 /mnt/idedrive

But this in fstab does not work

/dev/hdc1         /mnt/idedrive          ext2    defaults     1 1
or this
/dev/hdc1         /mnt/idedrive          ext2    defaults     0 0
or this
/dev/hdc1         /mnt/idedrive          ext2    defaults     1 2

A bit more info. This is debian sarge. No gui.
I chmod 777 /mnt/idedrive AGAIN and it finally mounted with mount -a
I then rebooted to make sure would mount.
It did not. And would not with mount -a
I then chmod /mnt/idedrive AGAIN and mount -a then would mount the drive.

To weird.. What am I missing?

--
Highest Regards,

Rodney Richison