Re: [OT] Gmail POP fails

On 12/22/05, roach <robert_spencer@mighty.co.za> wrote:
> > That account gets very low traffic rates. This account I read through
> > the web interface. Just so you know.
> Huh?

I have two gmail accounts.  The one I use with Thunderbird is attached
to my blog, and gets almost no traffic.  I use Firefox to read this
account.  I couldn't say how gmail behaves with POP+high volume.

> > As another data point, I just talked to a friend who's also having
> > issues with Gmail's POP access. With three unread messages, the
> > server was reporting only one. In his case, it seems to be related to
> > a message with an attachment.
>
> I use my Gmail account for Debian lists. Would vCards and PGP signatures count
> as attachments?

If they're attachments (which they often are), rather than inline.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh