Re: [OT] Gmail POP fails

On 12/19/05, roach <robert_spencer@mighty.co.za> wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 December 2005 02:29, Michael Marsh wrote:
> > I've had no problems with Gmail POP.
> Could you, please, tell me which mailer your using, your settings and your
> Gmail POP setting. I might be missing something. I hope I'm missing
> something.

Thunderbird 1.0.7
Server name: pop.gmail.com
port: 995
options checked:
  - use SSL
  - check for messages at startup
  - check for new messages every 10 minutes
  - automatically download new messages
All other options are unchecked.

That account gets very low traffic rates.  This account I read through
the web interface.  Just so you know.

As another data point, I just talked to a friend who's also having
issues with Gmail's POP access.  With three unread messages, the
server was reporting only one.  In his case, it seems to be related to
a message with an attachment.  If you can clear out anything "odd" by
using the web interface, that might help things.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh