Re: Internet Connection

Ed Paris wrote:
 Hi There,

I had to reinstall Debian from my cd-rom.  In the earlier install (from the
same cd-rom), I could connect to the Internet through my Windows XP laptop
with no problem.  They are connected by a Cat5 Crossover cable between their
Ethernet cards.  Now, after the reinstall, I cannot connect to the outside
world from my Debian system.  I pinged each system from the other and the
Ethernet connection is good.  I tried to use apt-get update and the error
message said that apt could not resolve the name of the destination computer
to get the updates.  I connected to the destination computer with the laptop
easily so it is there and running.

Have you configured your nameserver and/or gateway and/or proxy correctly?

/etc/network/interfaces

I need no proxy myself so I don't know in which file to set it up.

Johannes