Re: virtual machines

Hi!

* Rakotomandimby Mihamina <mihamina.rakotomandimby@etu.univ-orleans.fr> [051218 01:25]:

> I have a test machine, on wich I use to package and test packages.
> I package both for Fedora and for Debian.
> For the moment, I use multiboot.
>
> But I am tired to reboot each time I want to switch distribution.
> I intend to buy some amount of RAM and then try to use virtual
> machine. [..]

Why so complicated?  As long as you don't package Hardware-Drivers /
Kernel-Packages, you should be able to just work fine with chroot.

Mount the other operating systems partition somewhere, and just run
"chroot /mnt/my/other/linux/system", and voila!  There you are.

You might want to take a look at dchroot, to use it with a bit more
comfort.

No need to reboot, no need for virtual machines.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

--
http://learn.to/quote/