virtual machines

Hi,

I have a test machine, on wich I use to package and test packages.
I package both for Fedora and for Debian.
For the moment, I use multiboot.

But I am tired to reboot each time I want to switch distribution.
I intend to buy some amount of RAM and then try to use virtual machine.
I really begin on that subject. I never did||setup "virtual machines".
I would like to run Debian (unstable or testing) as "layer" and then run
the virtual machine on top of it, and then have one virtual Fedora and
one virtual Debian so that I can compile and switch from one to another
without having to reboot.

What virtual machine would work well on a Debian (Wen? Qemu?...)? whith
a well intergrated Debian package, and a howto espacially for Debian...

Thank you for any idea.

--
A powerfull GroupWare, CMS, CRM, ECM: CPS (Open Source & GPL).
Opengroupware, SPIP, Plone, PhpBB, JetSpeed... are good: CPS is better.