Re: How to send mail from Mutt?

Peter Nuttall wrote on Dec, 18:
> > I used to be able to send mail from Mutt but I got a new email address and
> > it no longer works.
> >
> > In Mozilla mail preferences I have set use "outgoing.verizon.net" for
> > outgoing SMTP but I found nothing regarding such a setting in muttrc.
> > Or perhaps, if it is there, I don't understand the entry.   Could this
> > be the problem or should I look elsewhere?

[...]

> As pointed out already, mutt doesn't talk smtp. The two solutions to
> this are
>
> 1) have a proper MTA
>
> 2) MSTMP  http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/

Some other alternatives:

aptitude search '~Pmail-transport-agent'

p   courier-mta                     - Courier Mail Server - ESMTP daemon
p   esmtp-run                       - User configurable relay-only MTA
p   exim                            - An MTA (Mail Transport Agent)
p   exim4-daemon-heavy              - exim MTA (v4) daemon with extended feature
i A exim4-daemon-light              - lightweight exim MTA (v4) daemon
p   hula-mta                        - integrated mail & calendar system with sim
p   masqmail                        - A mailer for hosts without permanent inter
p   nullmailer                      - simple relay-only mail transport agent
p   postfix                         - A high-performance mail transport agent
p   sendmail-bin                    - powerful, efficient, and scalable Mail Tra
p   smail                           - Electronic mail transport system
p   ssmtp                           - extremely simple MTA to get mail off the s
p   xmail                           - advanced, fast and reliable ESMTP/POP3 mai
p   zmailer                         - Mailer for Extreme Performance Demands

Paulo