Re: Shutdown w/o root password.

Paolo Pantaleo wrote:
2005/12/17, Gabriel <nqtnn.gabo@gmail.com>:

 Why I don't need to supply the root password to shutdown the computer from
gnome?...
 I've been searching for any option related but didn't find any.

 Any idea?
 --
Cheers

--
Gabriel Parrondo
Linux User #404138

"In theory there's no difference between the theory and the practice. In the
practice There is."

do not use gdm, but any other desktop manager.

Who said I use GDM?
Anyway, IMHO it isn't related to the desktop manager I use, but the Desktop Environment.
When I shutdown from the desktop manager it asks me the password, but from GNOME it just shuts down.

PAolo
--

If you feel is a good idea, pleas correct my poor English

if you have a minute to spend pleas visit my photogrphy site:
http://mypic.altervista.org

And please, I know sometimes happens, but send the replys to the list.
That's why we all should add a reply-to field on the messages we send to the list. (although I forgot to do this with this message :-P)

--
Cheers