Re: What would I do without partimage?

On Thursday 15 December 2005 9:01 am, Paul Seelig wrote:
> I largely prefer ntfsclone from the ntfsprogs package over partimage.
> Partimage is nice but the command line based ntfsclone is far more
> flexible. Just check out the man page for some usage examples.
> The ntfsprogs package contains lots of other useful utilities a XP really
> can't do without.
>                                      Cheers, P. *8^)

Can you configure ntfsclone to clone an NTFS partition but not include the
swap file or other files of your choice?

I dream of the day that windows will use swap partition instead of a swap
file.... sure it made sense to have a swap file that could adjust on the fly
when drives were small... but with most machines having 40GB + these days I
can afford to dedicate a pretty significant portion to a swap partition and
not need it to resize itself

Joe