Solved: Soft RAID1 and SATA - Hardware failure test - I power off disk and system freezes - thanks

Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe wrote:
Jan Stavel <stavel@brailcom.org> wrote:

  VIA Technologies, Inc. VIA VT6420 SATA RAID Controller (rev 80)

But if I try to power off a disk (unplug the power cable) the system freezes. I cannot read /proc/mdstat. The only way to get the system

Well, do your disks, your controller and your driver support SATA
Hotplug? If one of them does not, don't wonder about system freezes :)

Thanks for your answer. It is new knowledge for me.

My motherboard does not support SATA Hotplug.

Jan Stavel