Re: Soft RAID1 and SATA - Hardware failure test - I power off disk and system freezes

Jan Stavel <stavel@brailcom.org> wrote:
>    VIA Technologies, Inc. VIA VT6420 SATA RAID Controller (rev 80)
> But if I try to power off a disk (unplug the power cable) the system
> freezes. I cannot read /proc/mdstat. The only way to get the system

Well, do your disks, your controller and your driver support SATA
Hotplug? If one of them does not, don't wonder about system freezes :)

regards
   Mario
--
I've never been certain whether the moral of the Icarus story should
only be, as is generally accepted, "Don't try to fly too high," or