Re: Solved: Soft RAID1 and SATA - Hardware failure test - I power off disk and system freezes - thanks

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Jan Stavel wrote:
> >Well, do your disks, your controller and your driver support SATA
> >Hotplug? If one of them does not, don't wonder about system freezes :)
>
> Thanks for your answer. It is new knowledge for me.
>
> My motherboard does not support SATA Hotplug.

Weird, the chipset is listed as being capable of SATA hotplugging.  Although
maybe they used the SIL3012 PHY to extend the number of SATA ports, and I
have no idea if the SIL3012 supports hotplug.

The other side of the chain isn't a problem, all SATA HDs support
hotplugging.

  Henrique Holschuh