Re: reply to list (mailing list) in thunderbird?

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 02:56:48PM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
<snipped>

> Ok. But it wasn't a waste of time. Perhaps I shoud set up procmail.
> Do you know how to use procmail with Thunderbird?
>
> Mike

<snipped sigs>

It appears that thunderbird doesn't handle local mail (mboxes and
maildirs) very well. To set up procmail, you basicily need to have
local mail. Then if you have a pop account, you do something like:

fetchmail pop.example.com --mda procmail

with a procmailrc including a bit like

:0 c:
^(From|To|cc): debian-user
formail -R "Reply-to: *" "Reply-to: debian-user@lists...."

That code doesn't work and needs fixing but should give you an idea
about how to do it. You will have to find out how to get thunderbird to
talk to a local mailbox to make such a idea work.

Pete