Re: reply to list (mailing list) in thunderbird?

Peter Nuttall wrote:
On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 01:19:25AM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
<sinp>

Perhaps one good effect of this is that I am encouraged to
send messages only when I really want to, because it is such
a PITA to send them here.

Mike

If your mail goes though procmail at some point, you could rewrite the
headers with a procmail rule and formail. That would let you mudge the
reply-to without anyone knowing, and flaming about it.

How, pray, do I ascertain whether my mail goes through the
procmail filter? I am very acquainted with *NIX like systems,
having used them since 1985 or so, but only as a developer,
not as an administrator. So I'm weak on that score.

I have Thunderbird set to use POP to pull and SMTP to push
e-mail. So I guess that procmail is not involved. I read the
man page for procmail, but it seems to presume that the mail
is getting pulled via normal *NIX means, which I suppose that
this is not.

One moment while I edit out your e-mail address and put in
debian's...debian-user@lists.debian.org

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.