Re: Debian Wireless Networks

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 07:23:53PM -0500, Leonid Grinberg wrote:

Ok, thank you. Judging from the commands that you just told me, I take
it you are trying to find the wireless card type. Am I right?

<snip>

For Intel cards and chipsets, the future looks bright. Intel will
now support Debian.

That's terrific news. Is there more info on that?

Support for the latest Centrino chipsets is in
the latest kernels - all I had to do was to download firmware and place
it in a /etc/firmware and it "just worked". Support for TI's ACX111
is less good - you have to build code/kernel modules

<snip>