Re: Debian Wireless Networks

On 30 Nov 2005, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 07:23:53PM -0500, Leonid Grinberg wrote:
> > Ok, thank you. Judging from the commands that you just told me, I take
> > it you are trying to find the wireless card type. Am I right?
> >

> That's right. Any or all of the above can be useful to try and identify
> the type of card - without having to open the computer case :)
>
> How best to put this: wireless cards are problematic. They are bound
> by all sorts of (different) rules and regulations in each country, they
> are a high volume popular item, need to be relatively cheap and robust.

[snip]

Worth noting also that hotplug in testing/unstable prevents my Cisco
Aironet 340 from connecting; the same thing happens in recent versions
of Knoppix and Ubuntu. Whether it does the same to other cards I don't
know.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian