RE: WordPerfect 8.0

Someone who still uses WP8--yeah!!!  Join the club...my install of WP8 still
runs rings around OO.  I've actually found OO to be crashable (often) on my
system, but it may have something to do with some of my own tweaks.

Anyway, I use WP8 for all my serious documents...never did get fileconversion
working properly though, although I did download the available patch and
neglected to install it...will get around that when I'm tired of using OO for
the dreaded MSOffice compatibility issue.

Since leaving the main-stream Debian on my system a couple years ago, I jumped
on the Libranet bandwagon (sorry I'm mentioning this on the main Debian list).
With 2.7, 2.8, 2.8.1 they had an install option to make WP8 work.  I assume the
same is for 3.0, which I have yet to install.  Mind you the future of Libranet
is up in the air right now.  Nevertheless the files you are looking for should
be on Liranet's FTP sites.

At the same time I would like to go on to try Ubuntu (also Debian based) and
will have to see if I run into the WP8 operational issues when I get to that.

Arlen Carlson
(cooincidentally also from Toronto, ON)