Re: cannot get into X - after testing dist-upgrade 11-03-05

mailmanmike@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Well, I renamed all the .kde stuff in my home dir, and booted up...KDE setup walked me through the setup, but still- no keyboard.
Any idea where to look next?
Thanks.

Did the keyboard work during the KDE setup?

I would create a new user and log into KDE as that user, to make absolutely sure that the problem is not in your user's settings. (I doubt that's the problem, now, but still, it's an easy test.)

Assuming the new user has the same problem . . .

I'd check the KDE Control Panel / Regional & Accessibility / Keyboard Layout settings.

Then I'd google for "kde keyboard" to look for anything interesting. Hopefully others on this list will have better suggestions.

--
Kent