Re: Problems with kinput2

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 10:09:59PM -0500, Bryan Donlan wrote:
> I'm trying to configure kinput2 for Japanese text input, but as of yet
> I've had no success. I have the following lines in my ~/.Xdefaults and
> have merged them using xrdb:
> *KinputProtocol.XlcConversionStartKey:  Shift<Key>space
> *ConversionStartKeys:  Shift<Key>space
> *inputMethod: kinput2
>
> I also have the following in my ~/.xsession:
> [...]
> export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
> export XMODIFIERS='@im=kinput2'
> kinput2 -xim -kinput -canna &
> [...]

I only occasionally need to input Japanese text, so I don't have any global
setting like that, only a script I run from the command line when needed,
which sets:

kinput2 -canna -xim -kinput &
export LANG=ja_JP; export LC_ALL=ja_JP;export XMODIFIERS="@im=kinput2"

> However, kinput2 fails to trigger in either firefox or gvim.

After that I launch the browser (actually, it is launched by the same
script). It works with galeon at least. I think I've tried with firefox, but
not sure now.

    	     						Victor