Re: Problems with kinput2

hi ya

> On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 10:09:59PM -0500, Bryan Donlan wrote:

> > I also have the following in my ~/.xsession:
> > [...]
> > export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> > export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8

um... did you want to see english or japanese text ??

export LANG=ja_JP.utf-8
export LC_ALL=ja_JP.utf-8

notice too, that i use LC_ALL instead of lc_ctype

the utf-8 and UTF-8 and utf8 and UTF8 seems to be
case sensitive depending on which "howto" you read

> > export XMODIFIERS='@im=kinput2'
> > kinput2 -xim -kinput -canna &

since you're trying to run kinput2, i presume your want
to input characters and see kanji on the screen

those environment variables need to be export to your xterm
sesesions if it didn't automatically inherit it from X11

"env" or "printenv" to see that its value is set to

"locale -a" output will list the supported languanges
	and it doesn't know that you have missing fonts ...
	but you will when you see jibberish

> kinput2 -canna -xim -kinput &
> export LANG=ja_JP; export LC_ALL=ja_JP;export XMODIFIERS="@im=kinput2"

manually running those options in your xterm/kterm should work
provided you have the proper fonts

- don't forget to tell X11 where your kanji fonts is

more kanji fun
	http://Linux-CJK.net/Howto

c ya
alvin