Comfortable with Debian,but 4 points...

After some months with Debian(3.1PowerPC)I´m
generally comfortable with it:

-compiling software,and dealing with the different
 aspects of the package management system(good stuff!)

-Connections to the Internet.

-Printing system: my 70 dollars inkjet prints
 documents,photos with quality nearly identical
 to a 400 dollars laser printer,with refilled
 inkjet cartridges.

However,four points:

-Java: I don´t know which Java Runtime Environment,SDK
 is the most effective,the blackdown.org or the
 Gnu classpath,gcj,or other.For example,I want to
 compile and run JGR a frontend for R(the statistics
 software),which needs Java2-1.5,and I think none of
 the above JRE,SDKs provides Java2-1.5.
 Blackdown´s provide for the PPC Java2-1.3.1.
 Do you know why Debian does not ship Blackdown´s
Java?

-Macromedia´s Shockwave Flash Player: The possible
 solutions,none seems effective for the PPC.I can´t
 see Flash content in Mozilla.Do you know of a
 method,program to do that effectively?Advice
 appreciated.

-Security Enhanced Linux: Is the next release of
 Debian(Sid,I think) scheduled to ship a standard
 kernel which implements SEL as a LSM?

-An encrypted partition: The methods available
 dm-crypt,loop-AES,are they effective?

http://mail.yahoo.com