Re: Subversion repository permissions

On søndag 06 november 2005, 10:54, Simo Kauppi wrote:
> Check your /etc/logrotate.d/apache2 (or /etc/logrotate.conf).

I've investigated further, and it definitely has nothing to do with
logrotate or postrotate. This is clear because the problem occurred in
a period when logrotate was not run.

The problem is not _that_ strongly connected to Apache. The real problem
is the user that runs svn at the time when the Berkeley DB happens to
rotate its logs, and that has nothing to do with logrotate, I'm pretty
sure. In fact, I'm not sure it is "logs" in the common sense at all, it
may be svn giving it that name.

If that user happens to be www-data, I need to tell www-data that it
must create the file with 664, that's the crucial thing, I think. But I
can't see how. Other than edit apache2ctl, but since there is nothing
about svn in there, I'm not sure it would even help...

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer