Re: Installing to SATA drives (was Re: SATA DVD not recognized)

Bruno Buys wrote:
> Basajaun wrote:

[snip]

> >Yes, the 2.4 does fine. Since SATA is seen as IDE by 2.4, the ide-*
> >modules are loaded, then the IDE devices are seen. The problem under
> >2.6 is to have some SCSI modules loaded _first_, so they get hold of
> >the ide[01] channels, and actual IDE devices are not seen.

[snip]

> How exactly did you fix it? Could you provide details, please?

Yeah, sure. You can follow the discussion at the thread named "2.6.12
and 2.6.13 won't access cdrom" in this list (hey! I just found out that
you contributed responding to the OP!), and also my "instructions" at
my web page:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?O532317FB

HTH,

     Basajaun