Re: Running > 4GB of Memory

Thanks.  Here are a couple follow-up question then.

(1) If I start 2 separate VMWare processes, they should each be able to grab 3GB of memory (more or less) - is that right?

(2) My Dell box has 2 Xeon processors and I'm running the SMP kernel. Even without CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G, should the 2 processor "split" access to the memory, so that I can run 2 processes - one on each processor - that have access to 3GB (more or less) each?

-- Mark

Aurelien Ricard wrote: