Re: debian vs ubuntu and knoppix

Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
On onsdag 12 oktober 2005, 11:53, Antony Gelberg wrote:

Of course, I'm also tempted to install Sarge with KDE, OpenOffice,
Mozilla etc.  How un-user friendly can that be.  ;)

Not unfriendly at all! :-) If you are prepared to manage the box...

Nah.  I really have enough on my plate with work etc.  :)

And that works fine until your father decides he is a geek too, after all, and goes out to buy a new toy without checking the hardware specs and driver availability that we do... :-)

The chances of him buying any computer hardware are as close to zero as anything you can think of. This is the man who has owned a computer for nearly ten years. When he opened Firefox on Kubuntu, he was confused as none of his Bookmarks were there, and I had to tell him that he could type a URL into the URL box. Over the years, I have also seen _many_ people type URLs into the www.google.com search box. :-O