friendly Re: debian vs ubuntu and knoppix

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Antony Gelberg wrote:

> An interesting answer to the question that I was going to ask.  I've
> just installed a mew HD in my parents' computer.  They are not exactly
> knowledgeable users, they've been using XP, and I was trying to decide
> between Knoppix and Ubuntu (having used neither).

i'd use it before giving it to folks ?? esp if you gonna
have to go fix it when it breaks

> Of course, I'm also tempted to install Sarge with KDE, OpenOffice,
> Mozilla etc.  How un-user friendly can that be.  ;)

potential hardware problems will make life a little difficult
for you, but the users probably don't care as long as it work,
if they're willing to move away from pay $$ to ms

c ya
alvin