Re: Debian Kernel 2.6.12 and parallel port problems.

I just thought of another thing that could be causing this problem:
udev. When I upgraded to kernel version 2.6.12, it would not let me
upgrade my kernel unless I upgraded udev as well. Since you seem to be
having similar problems with a different sort of device, I'm led to
believe that the problem may lie in udev, not necessarily in the
kernel. Currently, my udev version, as stated by dpkg, is 0.068-2.

What's your udev version (`dpkg -s udev | grep -i version`)?

     Malcolm

P.S.: If anyone else in the mailing list knows anything about this,
please reply to this email. Thank you.