Re: Debian Kernel 2.6.12 and parallel port problems.

Malcolm Lalkaka wrote:

I just thought of another thing that could be causing this problem:
udev. When I upgraded to kernel version 2.6.12, it would not let me
upgrade my kernel unless I upgraded udev as well. Since you seem to be
having similar problems with a different sort of device, I'm led to
believe that the problem may lie in udev, not necessarily in the
kernel. Currently, my udev version, as stated by dpkg, is 0.068-2.

What's your udev version (`dpkg -s udev | grep -i version`)?

    Malcolm
Well, if my understanding of udev is correct (which it may not be) I don't think this is your problem. My understanding is that udev only creates the device files under /dev. It does not actually affect how your hardware works. So, if /dev/lp0 exists, then udev is working, and there is some other problem.

I'm running udev 0.070-2.

Jason