Re: Debian Kernel 2.6.12 and parallel port problems.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 08:26:39PM -0700, Malcolm Lalkaka wrote:
> I just thought of another thing that could be causing this problem:
> udev. When I upgraded to kernel version 2.6.12, it would not let me
> upgrade my kernel unless I upgraded udev as well. Since you seem to be
> having similar problems with a different sort of device, I'm led to
> believe that the problem may lie in udev, not necessarily in the
> kernel. Currently, my udev version, as stated by dpkg, is 0.068-2.
>
> What's your udev version (`dpkg -s udev | grep -i version`)?
>
>      Malcolm
>
> P.S.: If anyone else in the mailing list knows anything about this,
> please reply to this email. Thank you.

Last night I installed kernel 2.6.12, my udev is

Package: udev
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 684
Maintainer: Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.056-3

and I am running sarge, w/o any problems. I just grabbed from sid the
image 'linux-image-2.6.12-1-686-smp_2.6.12-9_i386.deb' and dpkg -i(ed)
it. No request for upgraded udev. So far, so good, working all fine.