Re: Newbie wants Firefox and Tbird

Steve Lamb wrote:
> Antony Gelberg wrote:
>
>>True, but I didn't say RTFM, I was civil and informative.  I think if we
>>breastfeed, we should point to the manual as well.  Otherwise people
>>aren't really learning anything.
>

>     But they are.  "Hey, what's this aptitude thingy..."

Perhaps in some cases.  In other cases, having had the answer given,
with little or no explanation, the user comes back for more because (1)
he learns that he doesn't need to learn, and (2) he doesn't know what he
did first time.

I'm as guilty as anyone else of providing overly concise answers at times.