Newbie wants Firefox and Tbird

I am a new user of Debian. My first task after system install is to install Firefox and Tbird, preferably the latest 1.0.6 or 1.0.7. It's a piece of cake to download and install these from the mozilla site, but I have no idea how I might then wrap them with an icon and to get them to show in the menus. Do debian users not do this sort of thing? If so, could someone point me to the appropriate documentation?
--

"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to
narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make