Re: Newbie wants Firefox and Tbird

On Saturday 24 September 2005 07:11 am, Albert wrote:

> Thank you for an informative, but unnecessary, HOW-TO,

No problem.  Though I question it being unnecessary, the next person to ask
the question will find it in the archives from Google if they want their
question answered quickly.

> though I don't know what 'basics' you think I should start with.

To install stuff manually, you'll want to be comfortable with scripting and
compilers.  To get to that point, you're going to want to become fairly
familiar with the command line.