Re: playing midi with timidity

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:15:05 +0100
Pooly <pooly7@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I'm trying, is to have Rosegarden4 working, which is ok now,
> (except jack lost few samples).
> The timidity acting as a server eat 20% of my CPU, is it normal (even
> when nothing is playing) ?

Soundblaster live cards are cheap these days and the hardware
synthesizer is supported using the asfxload utility from the awesfx
package to load soundfonts. For your usage that seems like a much
better solution.

Sound wise I think timidity holds up pretty well to the soundblaster
live when using the same soundfont, but timidity does use a
significant amount of processor resources and there will be some
clipping in passages with rapidly played notes.

Later, Seeker