Re: Hardware RAID advices needed

Kind regards
Hans du Plooy
SagacIT (Pty) Ltd
hansdp at sagacit dot com

Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:

question... I'm thinking about buying a hardware RAID controller for my desktop. The main reason I don't want to go with software RAID is that my mobo IDE controllers are allready full with other stuff, and one of them may have a problem. So, I would need some kind of controller anyway.

I'm not doing it for performance, just for reliability. Yeah, I have additional backup, but I like the idea that the data will be accessible even if a disk crashes. So, that's main priority.

Are you looking for SATA RAID or IDE RAID?